Social law

We have expertise within the following areas of social and administrative law:

LVU – the Swedish Care of Young Persons Act
LVM – the Swedish Care of Substance Abusers Act
LPT – the Swedish Compulsory Psychiatric Care Act

You are usually entitled to public counsel if you or your child is subject to compulsory care. The administrative court appoints public counsel, but the person subject to such legal measures is entitled to request their own counsel. The role of public counsel is to safeguard the interests of their client and provide support and advice during the process and to act as counsel at judicial proceedings.